Dementia Friendly Hampshire is driving the development of dementia friendly communities across the county.
We are an independent charity, working to make Hampshire a county where people affected by dementia can live a good life, with opportunities to participate in and contribute to their communities and be valued for who they are.
We do this by:
- helping to set up and supporting local Dementia Action Groups
- being involved in innovative and exciting Projects and Partnerships
- signposting people to advice and information on dementia
- promoting Dementia Awareness
- partnering with other organisations and businesses to create opportunities for people affected by dementia to continue living their lives as well as possible!
- enabling organisations to become dementia friendly, to link with and join their local Dementia Action Groups and, where appropriate, to join the Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
Anyone who is keen to make a positive difference to the lives of those affected by dementia is very welcome to join us!
We are linked with the Alzheimer’s Society‘s national Dementia Friendly Communities program.